Tuesday 28 February 2017

For now, its all about the bus

During the past two weeks, I have been playing with the idea of difference.  I'm pondering the differences and similarities of the brick and mortar student versus the on line student.  Ive been an active participant in the brick and mortar model for around 13 years now, and slowly but surely (or actually very quickly in a short space of time), I have met and discovered the on line space with my full and part time students.

Last night on our PBL4 group meeting, we where discussing copyright and new adventurous avenues of off/on line activity and still I was wondering about the similarities...
Are we all still educators?
Is our students, still learners? With a few generational tweaks
Is academic content, still content?

Ive concluded (for now) that the medium/vehicle that is used is different; and there for the crucial need for me as guide//tutor/educator to understand this mode of transport before I can load my students on my bus.  This bus holds wondrous new opportunities to still teach my students, to still engage my students so they can learn, to still infuse them with my subject magic.
For now, its all about the bus🚌

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your confusion- I think it is confusing too, especially to know the difference of being a teacher, educator, facilitator etc. Does the medium change the roles, I guess we will find out during this course...

    ReplyDelete