Tuesday 21 February 2017

Power in Numbers

How amazing has technology changed? I can vividly recall my large auditorium style class at University, filled with 60-odd communication students. 

Here, in my home office last night, I meet with a similar group size (from ALL over the WORLD), where we discuss the new frontiers of education.
The size of the setup blew my mind away.  
I must admint, I feel honoured to be part of this group!
Both the group size and technological aspect of the on line group webinar was an amazing experience.  I recognise its probably simple in its application, but for myself, that's used to face to face communication, this new way is super exciting.

Then comes all the new jargon, residents, natives, bubbles, filters, open source contribution, and levels of creative commons.  How amazing is the potential collaborative space of Wikipedia, a platform that up until yesterday I didn't really care for.

The power in numbers statement, does take on a new angle for me.. and exciting angle!



No comments:

Post a Comment